compensation: Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation for stellar, high quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, Oregon; Eugene, Oregon; Issaquah, Washington; Walla Walla, Washington; Pleasant Grove, Utah; Meridian, Idaho; Crystal Lake, Illinois; San Ramon, California; and San Diego, California.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in measurable and sustained ways. We are always thinking about new ways to make things happen and achieve results. We offer program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and mentoring.
Our teams are a reflection of our core values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious. Our customers are vitally important to us, and we pride ourselves on stellar customer service. Our managers are ambassadors, representing Cascade Energy, striving to keep our values top of mind, working to ensure we are responsive, and consistently delighting our customers. Does this align with the way you approach your work?
About the Position
We are seeking a Project Engineer to work within a utility energy efficiency program to facilitate and implement energy saving projects in industrial or agricultural settings. The Project Engineer engages directly with customers and their suppliers in a consultative role. They assess operations and equipment, in order to find opportunities for incentive-funded projects that improve energy efficiency and performance. This role combines relationship management, technical and financial analysis, and project administration to meet program goals and see customer’s projects through to completion.
The effective Project Engineer utilizes a specific skill set – a combination of analytical ability, communicative personality, willingness to handle administrative details, and innate desire to be of service. Does this sound like you?
This is a full time, exempt position in our Pleasant Grove, UT office, located approx. 30 miles south of Salt Lake City. This position requires approximately 30% travel, most of which is local. Travel could be a half day trip to a site or to meet with a vendor, a full day to multiple sites, or an occasional overnight to a more distant area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Does the following describe your work style?
• You build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors of energy efficiency equipment
• You enjoy engaging with customers at industrial facilities as the representative of an energy efficiency program
• You generate efficiency project leads through these vendor and customer relationships
• You gather information and data to understand and evaluate the efficiency of equipment operation
• You monitor performance of industrial systems by collecting data from dataloggers and control systems
• You author reports presenting project opportunities to customers and assessing as-installed results
• You enjoy expediting projects through the administration process from initial lead generation to issuance of incentive check
• You are confident working independently to meet agreed-upon goals and targets
Typical projects involve industrial and agricultural equipment such as compressed air, refrigeration, pumps and fans, VFDs, irrigation systems, HVAC, and various types of specialized industrial process equipment. Over 20 experienced Cascade Energy engineers are available for consultation and mentoring support.
For this role, we want you to have a track record of exceptional performance, including:
• Ability to communicate well with contacts at different levels of an organization, using technical understanding and social skills. The capacity to listen, motivate, and influence is critical
• Understanding of the roles, motivations, and needs of customers and the ability to successfully translate this information into short- and long-term business strategies and initiatives
• Exhibit a real passion for energy and efficiency solutions
• Adept at moving from the “big picture” to details quickly and easily
• High level of organization, ability to handle time effectively, and capable of leading and tracking a large number of projects and tasks simultaneously
• Capacity to foster long term customer relationships using tried customer engagement skills
• Strong understanding of industrial technologies and energy efficiency methodologies
• Ability to assist with the creation of statistical regression models to track customer performance
Education & Experience
• Bachelors or master’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering (or a similar field)
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Experience with energy efficiency in industrial or agricultural settings
• Experience running capital projects
• Experience coordinating across a broad range of people and organizations
• Knowledge of industrial equipment
• Experience with utility energy efficiency programs
Compensation & Benefits
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both a guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.
Do you think this job is a good fit for your skills and passion? If yes, please submit an application via the Careers Page of our website. Applications cannot be considered unless a resume and cover letter (pdf’s please) describing what about our team or the position resonates with you, and how your experience could make you a great fit for the role, are included. College transcripts will be requested from applicants having less than five years engineering experience.
Please, no phone calls.
Please, no outside recruiters or agencies.
Cascade Energy is not able to provide sponsorship for work authorization in the U.S.
Cascade Energy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cascade Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Cascade Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, marital status, or veteran status. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.
Cascade Energy is committed to a drug-free workplace. Offers of employment are contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screening.
Cascade Energy follows the U.S. law that requires us to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. To this end, we use the E-Verify system provided by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security.
Cascade Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Cascade, or (c) consistent with Cascade’s legal duty to furnish information.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers